You Will Need
- 200g (~7oz.) Daikon (or whatever you would like to use for salad don't limit yourself!)
- 30ml (2T) Rice wine vinegar (I haven't tried it with normal white vinegar but I'm sure it would come out good)
- 15ml (1T) Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
- 1t Sugar
- 1/2t Gomabura (Sesame seed oil)
- 1/2t Goma (Sesame seeds)
1. If you are using daikon leave it to soak in water for a few minutes to get rid of the strong daikon smell. (If you are using another salad this would be the time to wash it)
2. After the daikon has soaked strain the water out of the daikon, and let it dry for a few minutes. (alternatively you could use a salad spinner)
3. While you wait for the daikon to dry off, mix the salad components together.
4. Add the dressing
6. You can either serve it immediately, or you can leave it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes for a slightly pickled effect (it wont fully pickle)
If you want to change up the dressing at all, feel free because what tastes good to me won't always taste good to someone else (add more sugar, or less vinegar etc.). Also this dressing will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator because of the high salt and acid, so if you want to make more for later use just double, triple, etc. the recipe. I found that this much of the dressing is just right for that much daikon. I hope you enjoy this!