Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peeling carrots

If you ever have peeled vegetables and made a big mess, or wondered how you can speed up the process then there are two tips that I have for you!

If you couldn't hear me well or don't want to watch the video, the two simple things you can do to make peeling vegetables an easy and quick task are to, keep your vegetable on the cutting board, while you are peeling, which keeps the peelings from flying everywhere. Also most people have seen a peeler, and noticed two blades, but only peel on the down stroke. If you keep the peeler on the vegetable and peel going both ways, you effectively double the speed at which you are peeling! The last thing I have to say about peeling vegetables that I find helps a lot, is to do half at a time, do the top or bottom first and then turn it around, it keeps your fingers safer and lets you speed up peeling.

Sorry for the lack of posts, I'm busy with work, getting ready for my boss's vacation and all, but the good news is I took the time to get material ready for a bunch of new posts. So be ready for an awesome soup recipe coming soon!

15 comments:

  1. i use another method and it works, but this one its quite good too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always only go one way with the peeler haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff. I gave up on peeling stuff a while ago because it's so arduous. I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! Followed! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be taking this into account next time I peel some carrots/vegetables.

    I always love coming to this blog, the posts are informative and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite like peeling. Find it soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reading about peeling both ways makes my fingertips hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i take carrots in my lunch all the time, so i've gotten into the habit of peeling carrots everyday, seems to be cheaper than buying baby carrots. Didn't think of the double blade technique though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great methods that I shall definitely apply to my cooking in future.

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete